As of 26th December 2020 I have to close for 3 weeks and sincerely hope I can re-open again on Monday 18th January 2021.
There have been a few changes as to how things operate and I have adapted and amalgamated the following from the guidelines laid out by my professional associations and Scottish Government. Also, there will be several changes to how the room layout works but I won't bother you with those details just now. Suffice to say that there has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes to make things as safe as possible for everyone.
I have bullet points on this sheet and if you want to go into more detail then they are all on the following pages. Bullet point 1, 2, 3 etc relate to Section 1, 2, 3 etc on the next pages.
1. Please do not come for an appointment if you feel at all unwell, are displaying any cold/flu/viral symptoms, have been told to self-isolate or share a house with someone who has been told to self-isolate.
2. If you fall within the "vulnerable" category, then it would be strongly advised that you not have treatment at this time. If, however, you feel you have an urgent requirement for treatment then I would have your appointment early in the day and be wearing gloves in addition to a face covering.
3. Should I have any symptoms I will be in touch as soon as possible to reschedule the appointment and will self-isolate.
4. There will be an additional consultation form to be completed which is Covid-19 specific. For existing clients this will be sent to you and will need to be completed and returned at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. New client’s initial consultations will be carried out via phone or video call.
5. I will contact you the day before your appointment (text where possible, email or phone call otherwise) and that will just be a confirmation that you have not developed any Covid-19 symptoms since making the booking.
6. I will be wearing a face covering, visor and apron and it is now mandatory that a face covering is worn indoors.
7. I would ask that, if you are early for your appointment, then please wait in your car until it is your appointment time or wait outside if that is feasible.
8. Hand washing facilities and anti-bacterial gel are always available and you will be encouraged to use them on entering the building, prior to treatment and on exiting the building.
9. The water cooler will be out of action so please bring your own water with you. Tap water will be available should you require it and I can supply disposable cups. Please also bring a pen with you.
10. I can take payment via bank transfer, card, cheque or cash.
EXTENSION OF BULLET POINTS
1. Symptoms of Covid-19 are:
a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
2. People who are categorised as “vulnerable” :
· Solid organ transplant recipients.
· People with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy.
· People with lung cancer who are undergoing radical radiotherapy.
· People with cancers of the blood or bone marrow (leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma) who are at any stage of treatment.
· People having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer.
· People having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors.
· People who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs following this treatment.
· People with severe respiratory conditions (examples being cystic fibrosis, severe asthma, severe COPD)
· People with rare diseases that significantly increase infection risk (such as severe combined immunodeficiency or homozygous sickle cell).
· People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection
· Pregnant women.
· Other people who have been classed as clinically extremely vulnerable based on assessment of their needs.
3. If we have a scenario whereby I contract the virus then it is my duty to give the Test & Protect contact tracers details of those with whom I have been in close contact and then they would be in touch with anyone who has had an appointment and who would be deemed as being at risk of contracting the virus. I would encourage you to download the Protect Scotland app.
4. There will be no charge if you have to cancel an appointment with short notice due to a change in your circumstances. For new clients, the consultation form can be emailed over to you for you to complete if you like or we just go through it at the phone/video consultation. This will minimise time on the actual day of the appointment. If you are an existing client I will ask you when you are booking to let me know any physical issues which have prompted you to make the booking and we can go through these prior to your appointment. I will also go through the Covid-19 consultation form with you too.
Once completed, options for returning the consultation form/Covid-19 screening form could be that you scan and email back the signed form, take a photo on your phone and text it over (I would get the hard copy from you on the day of the appointment).
7. If you do not have a face covering to bring I can supply one and it should remain in place throughout the treatment and not be removed until exiting the building.
8. There should not be any need to wait in the reception area due to the fact that I will have the "cleaning/catch up" time between clients so it should be that you can walk straight in the door and in to my room. If for any reason you do have to wait in reception, please maintain social distancing as much as possible.
11. Please do not be concerned about using cash if you prefer that method and I will supply an envelope into which you can place the money.